Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FB, You Tube & Poetry

Believe it or NOT, I'm always looking for ways to make English a little less borning. I know some students don't care for poetry, but it seems that some of our modern media helps to make it a bit more accessible. I requested help from my friends on FB in finding poems that have been in movies, like the ones we've watched: Robin Williams in DEAD POETS SOCIETY, "Invictus," from the movie of the same name, and "Charge of the Light Brigade" from THE BLINDSIDE.

One of my former students sent me this link, which I will post on the sidebar. :
http://poetmom.blogspot.com/2007/06/poetry-in-movies.html

I would like to find more links to poetry on the web, on youtube, or related media that would help this class and other classes enjoy poetry.
Please see what you can find and email the link to me or bring it to class. I really would love to see what you can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment